Friday, May 15, 2015

Birds and Butterflies

I love my little creek that is behind my garden, especially since my neighbor moved in down below me. She is fairly quiet but when her kids come over...well, I am spoiled, I've had peace and quiet for 4 years. I guess I better just be thankful I had it for that long. I'm adjusting by taking my chair and camera down by the creek and chilling. So I did manage to get a picture of a Common Grackle down along the creek bed which I thought was unusual since I've not seen him out in the open areas.



Birding Life List:

1. Crow
2. Eastern Bluebird
3. Common Grackle


Butterfly Life List:
1. Monarch

2. Pipevine Swallowtail

3. Silver Spotted Fritillary

4. Tiger Swallowtail

5. Black Swallowtail

I had to start including my butterflies too since I am adding a new one! I was walking up and down the creek...don't ask....and there he was, so I had to quickly, but silently slosh my way back to my chair and grab my camera to get a picture of him. I was so excited...seriously, I do need to get a life....lol When I got back inside, I had to enlist the help of a group to identify him...
6. Red Spotted Purple!
( who names these things? There is no red, and no purple!! )

6 comments:

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

I love the butterflies more than anything!! I've never actually seen colored butterflies in person that were stll alive! Most of the butterflies I've seen have faint white/green wings. No really spactacular color.. These are amazing they exist and that you saw them. That bird is kinda NOT attractive and looks like it has a tude. I shouldn' t say not attractive..it has very distinct features and that makes him Unique. Great colorful post.

Unknown said...

Wow, those are beautiful butterflies!! You do have your own little paradise don't you?! I love it

Jean said...

Love your wildlife!

Deb said...

Beautiful pictures...I just had a Black Swallowtail visit my yard last week. I didn't know that was it's name until I saw your blog post. Thanks for sharing pictures and their names!

Sandy said...

Oh I would have got excited to, to see such a beauty in your little creek.. You are really adding up on your list.. I think it's so wonderful that you are sharing with us what you see.. I love the butterflies glad you are adding them for us to see too. Red spotted purple poor thing maybe the person was colour blind. lol

Carole Z said...

Beautiful photos, love those butterflies,So sorry I haven't been by this week or so, life has gotten in the way of blogging lately.. Hugs Carole Z X