Saturday, May 2, 2015

Crows

Crows really do not interest me that much, although I know how smart they are, they are also loud and annoying in general. Usually I don't bother taking pictures of them either, but I admit that every time I see them I wish they were Ravens...now a Raven is a bird I would love to fly into my backyard! 


However, back to the crow. This is about the only time that a crow fascinated me. Which means, I actually said "oh wow", and grabbed my camera...a sure sign I am impressed. I've never had one land on my suet feeder before, it's amazing how big they looked when perched on my tiny feeder.

But the amazing part was that he managed to hang upside down in order to be able to grab the suet out of the cage.

I really had no idea that he would have the strength to pull himself up like that!

This is my favorite shot since it looks like he he posing for me and thinking how I shouldn't put him so low on the list of my favorite birds. I do admit he redeemed himself a little bit this day.
Just a little...

Still wish he was a Raven....

"American Crows are familiar over much of the continent: large, intelligent, all-black birds with hoarse, cawing voices. They are common sights in treetops, fields, and roadsides, and in habitats ranging from open woods and empty beaches to town centers. They usually feed on the ground and eat almost anything – typically earthworms, insects and other small animals, seeds, and fruit but also garbage, carrion, and chicks they rob from nests. Their flight style is unique, a patient, methodical flapping that is rarely broken up with glides."
The Cornell Lab of Ornithology  
1. Crow

7 comments:

Sandy said...

I love that your first bird is one that is upside down and looking at you funny.. What a great picture..

Pam said...

Love your photos! That is one strong bird!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Craftychris said...


What a clever and very cool crow! I clever photographer too! xxx

Carole Z said...

Now I love crows, I find them fascinating...love your photos! Hugs Carole Z X

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

That is one cooool azz crow.. lol Hey lady.. take my picture.. take my picture.. please!! :) congrats on day 2

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

I am crowing about this great blog. You can have some of mine that land in my back yard. Have a great Show.

Unknown said...

Crows are not my favorite bird either, but you take wonderful pictures of birds and I love looking at them. You take beautiful pictures period!. Hope your show does wonderful.