Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Make your own fireworks

Motivation is literally the desire to do things. It's the difference between waking up before dawn to pound the pavement and lazing around the house all day. It's the crucial element in setting and attaining goals—and research shows you can influence your own levels of motivation and self-control. So figure out what you want, power through the pain period, and start being who you want to be.

So go on, make your own fireworks!
I can't get enough of this combination, distress paints on my Gel Press™ plate. The way the Distress paints move around is extremely addicting to watch.

Go on, ohhh and ahhh over this background just like you would if you were outside on the 4th of July watching fireworks. 

So who is the best at making their own light show? Fireflies or if you are from the south, we call them little darlings lightening bugs down here! What’s more magical than a firefly light show on a warm summer night? I used some of my PITT pens to color them in and a Micron to outline my drawing for emphasis. 
They are bioluminescent, meaning that they can produce their own light. So I add some stickles to help their little light shimmer and shine! Then cut it out so I could adhere it to the front of my card.

To help the firefly stand out from the background ( I mean, we all want to stand out, right? ) I outlined him with a white Signo...my favorite go to pen of all time.

An interesting fact I learned about fireflies...only the ones along the east coast light up...now I wonder why that is?

entering my card in

Simon Says: Add Some Shimmer


6 comments:

Craftychris said...

Awesome background for the shimmering firefly! Magical! xxx

Jean said...

Very cool!

Pam said...

Gotta love fireflies! This is such a great card! Love the background!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

love these gelpress cards

Georgiana said...

That background is so cool. Something new I want to try now! Need to find out more about this Gel Press plate!

Gayatri said...

Absolutely love the background. The emboss resist is awesome. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Add Shimmer Challenge. Gayatri xx