Friday, January 13, 2017

Moon People

I have decided that I will dedicate 2017 to learning something new. To experiment and give myself the freedom to try something different, to stay positive and happy. I have become a moon person.

Now you might ask, what is a moon person?
For sure it is someone who appreciates the full moon like the one from last night. I guess that's how I started to become a moonie, by looking for it in the dark night sky, for even in darkness there can be light.

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle Onassis

All my steps have been gradual ones because, like I said, this is new to me. 
First: I began to research what the full moon names were and what they meant. I art journaled Januarys and did a video if you want to watch. I also made a playlist so I'll be adding each full moon once a month, so it will end up being 12 videos in the end. Please subscribe to my channel so you won't miss the next one.


And now, as of last night, I have taken it a step further and added a full moon ritual. You can do your own ritual but I did mine on my balcony under the light of the full moon. I wrapped myself up in my favorite afghan, lit a candle and some incense and began by meditating about what I wanted to change in my life. 

Releasing. Letting go. Unburdening yourself. Purging.

I wrote down all the things that I considered to be negative energy and when I was done I wrote over that a moon prayer. Then I burned it and released it into the universe and did some mantra type chanting of my "intention" that I set during the new moon phase.

I welcome transformation, I welcome growth, I welcome abundance. 

I began a Facebook group called Moon people and I invite you to join us if you would like to, and learn together about how the moon exerts influence on our lives. Since it's not a constant thing but it comes and goes in cycles, we need to explore how those cycle affect us. Understanding the basic lunar cycles and things of the moon, you can use that information to guide parts of your life.

I'm ready, I'm open.
Are you?

1 comment:

Pam said...

I see the moon and the moon sees me, God bless the moon and God bless me.
I love the moon, and I love your new venture.
I will have to check out Moon People.
Your wolf moon is awesome!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com